Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

Those Stairs!

I tried a few babies ago to paint the front of the stairs to the apartment. Just kind of hit a crazy notion to paint them. And at the time I was going through a big Red, White and Blue faze. Not a bad faze to venture through but only if the project doesn't get finished. So I grabbed a few cans of paint out of the cupboard and started the every other stair look. (Mind you I was prego or just had a baby, can't remember. I was still pretty post pardom or just plagued with mommy brain.) I only got the four stairs done and didn't care for it. So I left it. Now, a few years later, post baby number 4 and I am starting to see an end of mommy brain, I am ready to tackle those stairs again.

Before:


Only this time I am ready to do it with something better and more classic looking. I can hand a flag or quilted something on the wall to celebrate our nations colors. I don't need to go too crazy and paint fixed objects in my home.

So I found this chocolate brown color and thought...perfect. So I sanded down the stairs and started painting. Two coats later and this is what we have:

Don't mind the orange snow fence along the railing. It is to keep the kids from falling. We will remove it when they get older. Nathan did such a great job building our stairs and railing that I hate to hide it. BUT Safety first! Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment